Live your best (campus) life.

The Office of Student Special Services works closely with Residence Life to arrange suitable accommodations for students living on campus. Students requesting housing accommodations should contact the Office of Student Special Services and must obtain medical verification documenting their disabling condition. Documentation consists of an evaluation by an appropriate professional that relates the current impact of the condition to the request for accommodations.

Documentation should include:

  • A diagnostic statement including the date of the most recent evaluation.
  • The current impact of (or limitations imposed by) the condition.
  • Treatments and services currently prescribed or used to minimize the impact of the condition.
  • The expected duration, stability, or progression of the condition.
  • In addition to the basic documentation for a condition listed above, recommendations from the treating professional are welcome and will be given consideration in evaluating a request.